How to Play Golo:
I have compiled a list of the easy rules here and you can have a look at them and tell me what you think.
The rules to GOLO are very easy to learn and you will be able to play this game as though you are going out to the golf course with friends, but no need for a tee time. You will need 9 twelve sided dice special to the game. You can find the game in local toy and game stores. The basic rules are simple:
- Step 1: Roll all nine dice.
- Step 2: Remove the lowest score or scores(s). A circle is a birdie, a star is an eagle. Meaning that these dice, or the dice marked with a circle and an eagle are good. You must remove at least one die, and you may remove as many as you wish but you must remove at least one.
- Step 3: Place the remaining dice back in the cup and roll again.
- Step 4: Continue to roll until all nine dice have been removed in this manner.
- Step 5: Add up the scores for the nine dice to get your nine hole score. You can play eighteen holes of GOLO as well by repeating the process another 9 times.
There you go. Now you can play the simple game of GOLO anytime anywhere, even without scorecards! I have also listed a few of the terms used when playing GOLO to make it easier and more fun. Unfortunately GOLO is not played frequently in online casinos or in your land based casinos. You will have to play at home.